Awesome Ideas To Use Regular Items in Totally Different Ways
Your Regular Daily items can be used for totally different ways if you think creatively. Here are some of the things you can do so ….
1. Use a Rail in Your Sink Cabinet for Cleaning Products
Use a Magnetic Rack to Store Knives
2. Use Tension Curtain Rods as a Divider for Cupboards
3. Store Foil, Saran Wrap, and Wax Paper Rolls Inside of a Magazine Rack
4. Use a Magazine Rack to Store Pot Lids
Short curtain rods work, too.
5. Hang Pots and Pans on the Ceiling
Pictured: a salvaged sled.
6. Attach Magnetic Spice Racks to the Side of Your Fridge
7. Utilize Wall Space to Hang Utensils
Here’s another example using a pegboard.
8. Use a Deep Kitchen Drawer to Store Utensils Vertically
9. Supplement Your Fridge Storage
You could also use these pull-out baskets to group things together, like fruits.
10. Keep Bulk Items in Stackable Bins/Drawers
11. Attach Undershelves in a Cabinet to Take Advantage of Vertical Space
12. Hang boots with pants hangers.
13. Hang Shoes on the Wall Using Crown Molding
14. Label Your Hangers
A good idea if you have multiple items of similar-looking clothing.
15. Turn Your Hangers to Find Out What You Really Wear
16. Use Divider Shelves to Store Sweaters
18. Hang Eyewear on a Hanger
Or make a sweet little display with a sturdy ribbon and a headscarf.
19. Use Shower Curtain Hooks to Hang Handbags
20. Use Command Hooks to Hang Jewelry on the Inside of a Closet Door
Command hooks are sticky adhesive hooks that require no screws or nails.
21. Store Shoes with One Facing Forwards and the Other Facing Backwards
You’ll use less space this way. This works most efficiently when the forward toe is the right shoe and the backward toe, the left.
22. Cut Up a Pool Noodle and Place in Boots to Keep Them Upright
Keep your boots from falling over in your closet and taking up valuable floor space.
23. Store Matching Sheets Inside of Their Pillowcases
24. Attach Tweezers to the Inside of a Bathroom Cabinet with a Magnet
25. Use a Magnetic Rack to Store Hygiene Tools
26. Store Your Hair Appliances with PVC Pipe Attached to the Inside of a Cabinet
Or use a magazine rack.
27. Make Bathroom Wall Storage out of Mason Jars and Picture Hangers
28. Use Glass Bottles to Store Bracelets and Ponytail Holders
Or you could use a paper towel holder if you’re paranoid about glass falling and breaking.
30. Put a Shelf Over Your Bathroom Door for the Stuff You Don’t Need Regular Access To
Cleaning supplies, extra towels, bulk items, etc.
31. Hang Baskets on Rails to Store Towels and Shower Supplies
34. Use a Shoe Organizer to Store Cleaning Supplies
35. Put Washer and Dryer on a Shelf
Take advantage of vertical storage by using the space BELOW the washer and dryer. You could also install drawers.
37. Use Cables to Store Balls
38. Hang a Pegboard with Movable Hooks to Organize Kids’ Sports Gear
39. Separate Nails, Screws, Batteries and Other Small Items in Jars
Nail the lids to a bottom of a shelf and screw the jars in.
40. Store Bins on the Ceiling
These tips also work for art supplies, toys, or tools.
43. Display Supplies on a Pegboard
44. Choose an Ottoman with Storage
You can keep extra game controllers, remote controllers, and other random things in here.
45. Put Unsightly DVDs in Boxes
A DVD is 8”x6” so choose a box with the right dimensions.
46. Label Your Cords
47. Store Vinyl in a Bench or Window Seat
You could also hang a kitchen basket under a shelf or a desk.
49. Mark and Label Everything!
Use chalkboard paint labels to mark reusable containers.
You could also hang nametags on bins and baskets.
50. Cut Up Shoe Holders and Attach to the Inside of Cabinets for Extra Organization
Not the most attractive solution, but it’s out of plain view. And you can label them with a sharpie or stickers.
51. Organize a Junk Drawer with Altoid Tins
Reuse paint cans, tins, Mason jars, and plastic containers to store small things. There are so many creative ways to repurpose them. Shown: paint cans covered in fabric.
Spice tins as storage.
Turn a globe into a display bowl.
Repurpose a shutter into a magazine rack.